New Beginnings

25 comments

*Leather jacket - Topshop
*Shirt - Topshop
*Belt - H&M (similar)
*Jeans - New Look
Headscarf - Zara
*Earrings - H&M
*Rings - H&M (similar)

Well, hello there! It's been a very long time since I owned a blog - some of you who have followed my online journey for years might remember the blog I had to accompany my beauty channel on YouTube many a moon ago. When I deleted that channel back in 2016, I told myself that I was completely done with posting about fashion hauls, lookbooks, beauty tips - it didn't help that I really, really didn't know what I was talking about.

However, change appears to be constant throughout my life - nothing stays the same for very long. Over the past couple of months, as I've learned more about fashion through stylists I've worked alongside, I've found myself wanting to make more effort in finding a style I really enjoy wearing.

Ever since I was very young, I've struggled to identify with a 'look' that makes me feel like I am truly at my most defined. I was always uncomfortable in floaty, flowery dresses, and whilst band hoodies are always comfortable, I always felt as though my small frame was drowned in clothes that didn't accentuate my figure.

Very recently, however, I feel as though I've begun to found a balance - clothes that suit my personality, that are comfortable to wear and easy to pair with complimenting pieces. This leather jacket from Topshop is truly a piece that fits with almost any look - whether it's pieced with a crop top and skirt, over a dress, or - as shown above - with a basic slogan tee and high waisted denim.

Another huge discovery for me (believe it or not...) is just how much a simple belt can change the look of the jeans you're wearing. For the longest time (as in, until about two weeks ago) I didn't use belts at all - I didn't even own one. I always figured that, so long as my jeans fit, I didn't need a belt, right? However, using belts purely for aesthetic - accentuating the waist as well as defining the divide between top and bottoms - was a revelation for me. Now, I find it very difficult to pop on any jeans of any colour without a belt. I know it sounds daft that I never owned a belt, but I'm sure there are many of you out there right now who are just like I was!

Finally, the last huge change to my style - besides the new darker 'do, the return of the blunt fringe and the dedication to large hoop earrings - is my new love of headscarves. Headscarves that are rolled up at the nape of the neck and tied up at the crown are huge right now - as someone that has never suited headwear (hats truly look ridiculous on my tiny head), finding a head accessory that is so easily interchangeable has been a life-changer. (How dramatic to call it a life-changer, come on...)

There are a ton of headscarves that can be found in high street stores, but the pleated headscarf from Zara shown in the picture above is one of my favourites - I love headscarves with animal print, such as snakeskin, but the leopard print contrasting with a bright red outer border really stands out on a look that is mostly monochrome in colour.

Over the next few weeks, a lot is changing for me - I'll be sure to share it with you in the near future. For now, please follow me on Instagram and Twitter and let me know any suggestions you have for blog topics! I've really missed writing, even if I'm not all that good at it. Also, not every post will be this long. I promise.

Emma



Next PostNewer Post Home

25 comments:

  1. Your new style really, really suits you. Great work on discovering it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on( brucedavid004@gmail.com ) or whataspp number is +22999290178  

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to see blogging again. I have been watching your YouTube channel for ages and seeing you go through hard times and AMAZING times is AWESOME because it shows that you care what you do and how passionate you are about your music is incredible too. Thank you so much for helping me through my hard times. I know that you probably hear this a lot but I truly mean it from the bottom of my heart. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and seeing what you have gone or going really helps me to know that I am not alone. Thank you so much for that. You are truly an inspiration and incredible person. Sending you big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for always supporting me! I'm glad I could help you!

      Delete
  3. Im looking forward to more of these posts, and I adore your new style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the new style and bangs, also loving the return of the blog♡ Keep doing what makes you happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your style is so amazing. 50s American chic meets early 2000 pop punk. I support it and your music with all of my heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. I'm looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m really looking forward to you blogging! I love you v much! I jaut want to tell you that Agenda and Villains has made a HUGE impact on my life! It has helped me through hard times, and I listito it everyday!! Rn I’m learning a simpler version of Burn the witch! I’ve only played Guitar for 7 hours, but I can’t wait till I can play all the songs on Villains ���� - Love uuuu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I look forward to this. Thank you Emma, I’ve always admired how you are not afraid to experiment and change; very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m so excited for this idea! I’m glad you are finally finding a style and a way of life that you feel comfortable and confident in. You are truly inspiring Emma💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Change is often inevitable but it can often be so frightening. I’ve enjoyed following you since 2012/13 and through the various changes in your life. As someone who is constantly longing for self-improvement and a conscious change in my life, I’m enjoying following your journey and being motivated and inspired to do things for myself rather than others. You appear so happy, Emma, and for that I’m so happy for you.

    Hope you’re having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading this and especially as someone who has no real sense of style and who also can’t pull of hats. Maybe it’s a self conscious thing but only the odd holiday hat works. So this has really helped me and it does sound fun reading it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new style and fringe <3 and I love the new way you deal with social media, you look really happy and calm when you just do whatever you feel like doing :D
    Ps: was a bit jealous of the fact you never needed a belt, I'm one of those people who cant find a pair of pants without needing one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you in 2012 on youtube :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool to see you blogging again! I’m super excited to see what you do over here! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can help you with your application. You can BORROW any amount and use it to pay off all your debts, speak to us and we will assist you. If you where turned down we welcome you to re-apply with us. Try us for real service. We will review the application and keep you informed every step.

    • Loans For Any Purpose?
    • Apply Instantly Now?
    • Your Money In 4 Hours?
    • No Personal Credit CHECKS

    Apply for no credit check loan We are standing by to finance your dream. For more info email us with your loan informations at: opploansLLC@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dobrý den, všichni, mé jméno je Safa El Sadat, jsem ženatý 20 let s manželem a máme dva syny, starší 16 let a mladší 11 let. Můj manžel mě hodně miloval, ale dostalo se do bodu, kdy se zapojil do záležitosti se ženou, která je její spolupracovnicí. Nikdy jsem si to nepředstavoval, ale nějak se změnil jeho postoj ke mně a dětem, jeho pozdní příchod z práce mě přemýšlel o tom, že i na mém 20. výročí svatby v březnu se držím dál od sexu, jak to slibujeme na svatbě Den výročí, 15 dní před výročí svatby přiznal, že ano, že měl sex se svým spolupracovníkem.
    Přivedl ji do mé postele, když jsem byl na práci, to znamená, že mé pocity byly pro něj naprosto bezcenné, můj duševní stav je plný utrpení, myslím, že nemůžu zapomenout a obnovit bolest, tato žena měla plnou kontrolu nad ona a já jsem nikdy nechtěla dělat to s násilím, ona chce vyhrát mě, zatímco ona je rozvedená, ona říkala, že ona žárlí na náš vztah a ona zničí mě tím, že vezme mého manžela. Musel jsem o tom diskutovat s přítelem, který mě požádal, abych našel dobré kouzelnické kouzlo, v první řadě jsem nikdy nevěřil v tento pravopis, ale musím to zkusit, až když jsem narazil na email PROPHET NOSA UGO na internetu o tom, jak pomohl tolika lidem, aby si vzali zpět a pomohli opravit vztah a učinili lidi šťastnými ve svém vztahu a některých dalších příbězích týkajících se Duchovní nemoci a dalších.
    Vysvětlil jsem mu jeho situaci a pomohl mi provést nějaké modlitby, nějaké bylinky a kořeny a malou oběť, kterou jsem udělal, a do 7 dnů se vrátil, aby se omluvil a byl to pro mě jen zázrak, jsem šťastný dnes že mi pomohl a můžu s hrdostí říci, že můj manžel je se mnou znovu a on je nyní zamilovaný do mě jako nikdy předtím.
    Potřebuješ nějakou pomoc ve svém vztahu, jako dostat zpátky svého muže, manželku, přítele, přítelkyni, vyhrávat loterie, bylinný lék na nemoc, HIV, pohlavně přenosné choroby, astma, artritidu, Fybroid, mrtvici nebo jakýkoli druh nemoci, duchovní problém , Propagace pracovních míst, diváci, kteří čtou můj příspěvek, který potřebuje pomoc, pokud jde o jakékoliv životní výzvy, by měli kontaktovat společnost PROPHET NOSA UGO a budete rádi, že jste to udělali.

    E-mail: nosaugotemple@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +34631686040
                         +17207992813

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you need a loan .We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lender. We are a company with financial assistance. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest on business. I want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable beneficiary assistance as We'll be glad to offer you a loan Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com

    Services Rendered include

    *Home Improvement
    *Inventor Loans
    *Car Loans
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Line of Credit
    *Second Loan
    *Business Loans
    *Personal Loans
    *International Loans.

    Write back if interested with our interest rate of 3% annual. Contact us via Email: pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com
    Please Note: All interested individual must send a message to our email for urgent response and details to obtain a Loan.

    Best Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for posting this blog, I am very impressed with your blog and it is very useful for me and other. Please visit at Dinosaur print dress Shop the perfect range of dinosaur shirt womens, dinosaur dress & skirt from lavielente.ca. It is dedicated to dinosaur lovers; this dress is made out of our customized dinosaur pattern through digital print.- https://lavielente.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey,
    I noticed your Article. I just loved it.
    Needs Hair Studio have unique treatments for hair loss and hair replacement and is advanced medical hair restoration. Book your free session right now. Experience the best hair replacement service in Hyderabad.
    If you like it feel free and share it.
    Cheers,
    Varshini.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey,
    I noticed your Article. I just loved it.
    Needs Hair Studio have unique treatments for hair loss and hair replacement and advanced hair replacement. Book your free session right now. Experience the best hair replacement service in Hyderabad.
    If you like it feel free and share it.
    Cheers,
    Preethi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey,
    I noticed your Article. I just loved it.
    Needs Hair Studio have unique treatments for hair loss and hair replacement and non-surgical hair replacement in hyderabad. Book your free session right now. Experience the best hair replacement service in Hyderabad.
    If you like it feel free and share it.
    Cheers,
    Sushanth

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig